[uf-discuss] Format-of-Formats?

Breton Slivka zen at zenpsycho.com
Thu Mar 30 16:32:25 PST 2006

This is where you have completely lost me. You are not making it
particularly clear what problem it is that you actually want to solve.

Here's some more links. I truly believe this problem is much smaller
than you believe it is.

http://dannyayers.com/2005/08/01/microformats-on-the-grddl/
http://people.w3.org/~dom/archives/2005/05/grddl-specification-updated/
http://b4mad.net/datenbrei/archives/2005/12/13/grddl-vcard-and-
microsformats-a-ballet/

These are not extremely obscure technologies, they solve the problem,
the w3c advocates their usage, Blog makers that have any interest in
standards and the semantic web *will* adopt them sooner or later. So
will /browsers/, and /search engines/. And if they don't, it's not
rocket science to write a plugin that makes it work for whatever
problem you happen to want to solve.

It's very simple, and it's not hidden knowledge on microformats.org.
If you want to describe a microformat, use xmdp. If you want to do
something with a microformat, write an xslt. This is the standard,
this is advocated, and it works today. If you want to help out the
effort for adoption of these technologies...  adopt them! You don't
have to go any further than that. If it works, and does something
sexy, then other people will try and do what you did. Very simple.