[uf-discuss] hcalendar timezone, DST examples

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri May 12 16:06:49 PDT 2006

On May 12, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Ryan King wrote:

> Certainly, we need more educational material on how people should
> use timezones.

Deleting attempts to create such material without notice strikes me
as a funny way to get it created.

> I'm not sure what you mean by "discussion".

"I reversed the edit you made because... Here's how you could help
instead..."  This is assuming such help is desired.  Without such
discussion, I'd tend towards the opposite assumption.

On May 12, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> One thing that often helps is to be on irc (#microformats on
> irc.freenode.net) *while* you are editing the pages.

This significantly increases the time required for someone to try to
improve the wiki.  It also suggests to me that some sort of back-
channel pre-approval is required for editing the wiki.  Do I have any
other other options if I want to help and not just waste my (and
Ryan's) time?

Peace,
Scott