[uf-discuss] hcalendar timezone, DST examples

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri May 12 14:50:45 PDT 2006

On 5/12/06 12:02 PM, "Scott Reynen" <scott at randomchaos.com> wrote:

> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-faq

Thanks for your update to that FAQ Scott, I like your answer better than the
one I wrote. ;)

The only thing that was perhaps worth keeping there was the "spec-talk",
which should probably have been moved to hcalendar-brainstorming so that it
could find a more appropriate home (like the eventual hcalendar-parsing that
I should be writing soonish ;)

> I'm still not entirely sure I understand timezones and DST correctly,

Join the club.  It is not clear that they are problems that can be fully
understood correctly, so your sense of ambiguity/uncertainty is probably
acccurate.

> so it would be good for others working with this issue to review.

The FAQ looks good.

As far as wiki edits and reversion and discussion, I think these are things
we as a community (and certainly wiki cultures as a whole) are still
figuring out.

One thing that often helps is to be on irc (#microformats on
irc.freenode.net) *while* you are editing the pages.  You'll notice that
mfbot will report all edits with diff links, and often there is dialog that
ensues in the channel in response to edits.

The channel is also logged (by another bot: mflogbot), so that's another
place to check if IRC is not available to you. E.g.:

http://rbach.priv.at/Microformats-IRC/2006-05-12

I hope that helps.

Thanks Scott,

Tantek