[uf-discuss] hCite progress

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:11:52 PST 2006

On 11/13/06, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> But citation uFs are being recommended for more than pure academic
> citations - in resumes,  for example, where the page count is likely to
> be far more relevant.

I seriously doubt it. I certainly wouldn't include it (and don't) in my CV.

> >Page count is only relevant to publishers and book stores (maybe).
>
> That's an assertion for which you can provide no evidence.

Likewise. Look, I don't have time to track down a heap of evidence for
you; either accept my argument, or don't.

> >some use start/end and others a single property.
>
> So why not allow both to be marked up?

I'm really not that invested in this. I gave my suggestion for the
best solution. You're entitled to your's. Either way is more-or-less
fine by me.

But I do feel strongly that page count is beyond scope. Do we want to
then include ways to encode the length of a CD or a DVD film or an
HTML document? I think not, particularly when there are more important
issues to worry about.

Bruce