[uf-discuss] hCite progress

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Nov 13 13:28:45 PST 2006

In message
<cd2b26c60611131311u7a87e369hb139c8a4b9539c1f at mail.gmail.com>, Bruce
D'Arcus <bdarcus.lists at gmail.com> writes

>> But citation uFs are being recommended for more than pure academic
>> citations - in resumes,  for example, where the page count is likely to
>> be far more relevant.
>
>I seriously doubt it.

That's your prerogative; but foolish. Particularly as it was mentioned
just today:

<http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2006-November/007103.html>

>I certainly wouldn't include it (and don't) in my CV.

And do you also think that everyone does as you do?

>> >Page count is only relevant to publishers and book stores (maybe).
>>
>> That's an assertion for which you can provide no evidence.
>
>Likewise. Look, I don't have time to track down a heap of evidence for
>you;

I didn't say that you hadn't provided evidence; I didn't say that you
wouldn't provide evidence; I didn't even ask you to provide evidence. I
pointed out that you CANNOT provide evidence.

>either accept my argument, or don't.

It's not an argument, merely an unfounded assertion.

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>