[uf-discuss] [citation] Page range conclusion?

Michael McCracken michael.mccracken at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 12:13:37 PST 2006

Hi, I can't tell from the ending of the most recent trail of emails
about the citation uf whether a consensus was reached about encoding
page values and ranges, or if everyone just got tired after 51 emails.

There was some evidence of research that I think ought to be put on
the citation-brainstorming page in the form of examples from the web
using each kind of page / page range encoding. It's easier to find it
for reference that way...

I'd like to keep this moving if possible, and remind people of the
danger of trying to get it perfect the first time around - note that
existing citation formats like bibtex and RIS are emphatically not
perfect and are still very useful. More than anything, we need a
working imperfect format so that tools can begin to grow, and we can
iteratively improve the format as neccessary.

Thanks,
-mike

--
Michael McCracken