[uf-discuss] hAlias vs hCard

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Tue Oct 3 16:13:44 PDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

>> On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:04 AM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>> The information you put in your hCard is up to you.  You can just
>>> write an hCard with a nickname...
>> Yeah, I'm confused about this.  Isn't the whole point of having an
>> alias to keep it distinct from your normal identity?  Identifying
>> it as an alias of your normal identity seems to defeat that purpose.
>
> I don't understand what you mean.  An alias is just an alternative
> name
> for yourself and the hCard nickname field seems to fulfil that
> purpose just fine.  You don't have to provide your real name if you
> don't want to.

By starting my reply with "Yeah," I intended to communicate that my
remarks were in agreement with yours.  I see now that my "this" was
ambiguous.  I'm not confused about what you said, but rather about
the thread subject of "hAlias vs hCard".

I'd also like to thank you for approaching this perceived
disagreement by calmly asking for and offering clarification.

Peace,
Scott