[uf-discuss] Handling hCalendar event updates on clients

Guillaume Lebleu gl at brixlogic.com
Fri Oct 6 16:29:59 PDT 2006

Ryan King wrote:
> I suppose that you mean on a document at
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-examples , we'd see:

> ?
Yes, this is what I meant.

> If so, then, yes we could potentially use that. However, it would be
> nice to be able to declare that the same event or contact info is the
> same, across separate web resources. Eventful already does this with
> their venues.
> Each event page has an hcard for the venue, each of these hcards has a
> UID property which is the permalink url for than venue on
> eventful.com. Seems pretty easy and works.
I had missed this requirement. And with this one in mind, I think your
solution is indeed pretty easy and works.

And by the way, in case you had not checked, it is compatible with the
original RFC2445.

"The identifier is RECOMMENDED to be the identical syntax to the [RFC
822] addr-spec." something like 19960401T080045Z-4000F192713-0052 at host1.com.

It is a RECOMMEND, not a MUST, and given the circumstances, I think

Guillaume