[uf-discuss] Visible Data...a Microformat requirement?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 01:41:58 PDT 2006

>> It'd take a lot to convince me that HEAD isn't the place for meta-data,
for a start ;-)

I agree with you in concept, but the problem is that (I'm guessing) 99% of
wiki, cms, and forum users will have no access to adding information into
the <HEAD> so you are leaving all of them out in the cold. And I'll bet that
the comprise the vast majority of content creators on the web.

>> You could potentially use that in your markup, but using it with an
'empty' link wouldn't be something that I'd find appealing,

I agree.  I think a <div> encapsulting the user's content should do just
fine, no?

>> The microformats list and/or IRC channel are, I've found, a great place
to discuss semantic XHTML in general.  I'd encourage you to publish your
data using whatever sensible scheme you deem appropriate, maybe after some
discussion here and elsewhere.

I'll be happy to do that, assuming I don't get shot down for posting
discussions on the list for topics the group has decided not to support. :)

-Mike