[uf-discuss] Mailing list debate moved & new proposal

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 14:04:06 PST 2006

In message
<e86992a40610310054s1d8ddfe2q31a1444dfdfdab05 at mail.gmail.com>, Frances
Berriman <fberriman at gmail.com> writes

>> >Because that's more administrative overhead for admin's who're  already
>> >overloaded.
>
>I agree.  Creating a list for each proposal seems unmanageable and
>would result in a lot of dead lists eventually.

Not "dead", but deliberately retired.

>If people want to filter things out, or draw particular attention to a
>thread being related to a specific proposal, using the [hCard]
>notation (for example) works quite well in the subject field.

That may be technically possible, but it's not going to appeal to the
people I referred to in my earlier post:

        For example, several academic and professional taxonomists have
        told me in e-mail that they would be interested in the species
        proposal, (and one astronomer, likewise, for mars/ luna), but do
        not have the time to follow a general mailing list; indeed, a
        couple asked me specifically if I would set up a separate
        mailing list for the subject.

How do you suggest that we engage such people?

--
Andy Mabbett
                Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards:  <http://www.no2id.net/>

                Free Our Data:  <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>