[uf-discuss] Tentative proposal for "What's New" listings

Matthew Levine matthew at infocraft.com
Thu Sep 21 18:26:16 PDT 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 5:30 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:

>> The "atom:link" element defines a reference from an entry or
>> feed to a Web resource. This specification assigns no meaning to
>> the content (if any) of this element.

The XMDP profile in the hAtom draft [1] goes into more detail,
defining the "bookmark" property (hAtom:bookmark) as:

> The concept of atom:link (without any "rel") with an atom:entry
> from The Atom Syndication Format, constrained and modified as per
> the hAtom microformat spec.

The Atom specification goes on to describe five types of link
relations [2], with the proviso that:

> If the "rel" attribute is not present, the link element MUST be
> interpreted as if the link relation type is "alternate"

The five relation types are:

1) "alternate": an "alternate version" of the entry.
2) "related": a resource related to the entry (e.g. examples and