[uf-discuss] Criticism of Microformats

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Sep 24 12:56:01 PDT 2006

On 9/24/06 12:01 PM, "Andy Mabbett" <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> It seemed to me that a page linking to (non-hysterical) criticism of
> Microformats might be useful, so I created one:
>
>       <ttp://microformats.org/wiki/criticism>

This is certainly a reasonable approach, to openly confront criticisms and
thus dispose of them.  So far we have been using the FAQ as a general place
to clarify/answer general criticisms/issues.

 http://microformats.org/wiki/faq

> as always, please feel free to add to and develop it (even if it is "my
> idea, my proposal and my research"!)

Andy, regarding that in particular, clearly you've been quite prolific in
your contributions to the microformats wiki and you are to be commended and
recognized for your contributions (as should anyone who makes such
substantial contributions to wiki pages).

If you'd like, I encourage you to add a "Contributors" section to the pages
you've created and list your name.  Though we have not been consistent with
this, check out citation-examples for example of "Contributors" section:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-examples

And feel free to add such a section to the currency-*, species-* etc. pages
you've written up. I encourage other folks who have contributed to those
pages to add their names as well to the list of contributors.

Thanks,

Tantek