[uf-discuss] Tentative proposal for "What's New" listings

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Sep 25 12:08:41 PDT 2006

In message <mBJzJG+a5BGFFwq6 at pigsonthewing.org.uk>, Andy Mabbett
<andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> writes

>>should be fixed :)
>
>Thank you. Viewing the feed for:
>
>        <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/new.htm>
>
>using Sage (FireFox extension), I see seven entries

It's less happy, though, with the feed for:

        <http://www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/ladywalk/latest.htm>

where the only entry it detects only the one for 8 September, with a URL
- for the rest, it ignores them, and even for the 8th it ignores
"entry-content".

It's also taking the entry-title from the contents of the 'abbr' tag,
rather than its title-attribute.

For the "What's New page", it's taking the "published-date" of, say,
"2006-09-16" and converting it to the overly-precise:

        Sat, 16 Sep 2006 00:00:00 +0000

I'm also not clear why your results are in the form (line breaks
inserted for clarity):

        http://xoxotools.ning.com/hatom2rss.php?xn_auth=no
        &url=http%3A//www.westmidlandbirdclub.com/new.htm
        &submit=Go