[uf-discuss] Tentative proposal for "What's New" listings

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 16:49:05 PDT 2006

For the first item, it didn't help that your page was not quite valid
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.westmidlandbirdclub.com%2Fnew.htm>,
however I think I have fixed it now anyway and got around that :)

The url must have the xn_auth=no in it (ning hosting), but I have
removed the stupid submit=Go, the feed validator seems to be accepting
it fine.

The second page seems to be coming through fine now as well.
According to my understanding of hAtom, the title of the <abbr> tag in
your page is the date and the contents is the title, which is how the
processor treats it.

Also, last time I checked RSS 2.0 required a full datestamp in that
format for pubDate... nothing else should be legal (although many
readers may accept it, just as my script will read most datestamps for
updated although hAtom specifies one specific one)

let me know if there's any other issues :)