[uf-discuss] Granddogma Goes to Bar Camp

Paul Wilkins paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz
Tue Aug 21 21:34:27 PDT 2007

From: "Tara Hunt" <horsepigcow at gmail.com>
> This is an awesome post and goes back to a discussion I became very
> frustrated in a while back:
> http://groups.google.com/group/microformats/browse_thread/thread/611d4e6f671d64bb/378786b75487d62c?lnk=gst&q=Magic&rnum=2#378786b75487d62c

So what is it that a layperson would call what microformats does?

Off the top of my head, they help you share information, so you can use it
with other systems.

It's a shame that "Use It" has already been taken by Nielsen, because I
think that the term "Use It" nicely encapsulates what microformats allows
you to do. "Use It" also provides a nice at-first-glance explanation to
people who haven't seen it before.

--
Paul Wilkins