[uf-discuss] Granddogma Goes to Bar Camp

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Wed Aug 22 02:49:47 PDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Tara Hunt <horsepigcow at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is an awesome post and goes back to a discussion I became very
> frustrated in a while back:

IMHO, the ideal state of the end user is they see (for example) Tara's
name on a webpage and they just click to copy the microformat to their
address book. Underneath, they don't care how all the plumbing gets
there to make this work, they just do the action.

What will they call this action? When most people use technology, it's
all just magic words: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, e-mail, hook up the cable
modem, push the brake peddle: simple invocations that refer to using
technology that underneath _they really have no idea how it operates_.
Our job as technologists is to make using microformats as magical as
that.

As to nomenclature, "Microformats" is as good a magic word as any
other proposal I've heard, and probably better than most.

Regards, etc...

--
David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix