Precise Expansion Patterns (was: Re: [uf-discuss] Hcalendar in bbc.co.uk/programmes)

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 15:18:30 PST 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 10:13 +1300, Paul Wilkins wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 9:19 AM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 19:21 +0000, Ben Ward wrote:
> > > '3:23' IS NOT an
> > > abbreviation of the string 'PT3M23S' (hAudio).
>
> I think you're right. It should be P3M23S instead.

I dont think thats its possible to drop the *T*

you could perhaps do PT3:23 ? which seems more accurate

> > A couple of us involved in the brainstorming and after, Myself and Andy
> > I think recommended that the duration class should just be expressed as

> > Its enough for hAudio I think and doesn't violate the abbr pattern as
> > the current spec tentatively does.
>
> Will you be contesting the date pattern as well? If the date pattern
> is acceptable then the time pattern is directly acceptable as well
> through the very same standards.

No I do not have enough wisdom to say what is right or wrong.
I do NOT however believe that machine data should be displayed in a
people area such as @title, I think machine data can be stored elsewhere

Thanks

Martin