Precise Expansion Patterns (was: Re: [uf-discuss] Hcalendar in bbc.co.uk/programmes)

Paul Wilkins pmw57 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Dec 14 15:33:58 PST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 12:18 PM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 10:13 +1300, Paul Wilkins wrote:
> > I think you're right. It should be P3M23S instead.
>
> I dont think thats its possible to drop the *T*

You're right, the T has to be there to resolve any ambiguity between
month and minute.

PT3M23S is ISO 8601 notation for 3 minutes and 23 seconds.

> you could perhaps do PT3:23 ? which seems more accurate

Then it won't be able to be parsed as an actual time.

<snip>

> No I do not have enough wisdom to say what is right or wrong.
> I do NOT however believe that machine data should be displayed in a
> people area such as @title, I think machine data can be stored elsewhere

The data format is machine data, as are geo-coordinates as well.
The machine data has to remain with the human data so that
discrepancies between the two aren't allowed to occur.

When thinking about other time formats, consider how 3 seconds would
be marked up, or even days and weeks.

--
Paul Wilkins