[uf-discuss] "Hello World" or "How do I get started with the process?"

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 05:22:25 PST 2007

On 27/01/07, Derrick Lyndon Pallas <derrick at pallas.us> wrote:
> For anyone that hasn't met me: I'm a software engineer at a search
> company. (However, nothing I say on this list is on behalf of or
> reflects the views of my company.) For anyone that has met me: yes, I
> finally signed up. (I'll no longer need to read over Ben's shoulder.)

Hi Derrik!  Welcome to the discuss list.

> I've been consuming microformats and have some ideas for an additional
> format. I've done some research to that end but am not sure if just
> putting up a page on the wiki is the right first step. (Are there actual
> templates for the pages described in the process document? Or should I
> just mimic similarly named pages?)

We have defined a process for suggesting, researching and defining
microformats and we encourage those persons interested to read that
and try and follow it [1].

A first good port of call though is to chuck a message up on the
-discuss list and let the community know what you have in mind and
what you want to achieve.  You may find others are having the same
problems, or alternatively that they've already come up with a way to
do what they need to do with existing microformats.

[1]http://microformats.org/wiki/process

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com