[uf-discuss] Microformat to describe a broadcast

Michael Smethurst Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 16:09:19 PST 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rerun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_pilot

Now if only we had the data to tell us that stuff ~ maybe one day

Unfortunately infax is outside our control. Not sure if there's any more
work planned on it or whether ufs will be part of this. A question for
Mr loosemore and mr biddulph i guess

<snip>When you are considering what to add/encode in your Broadcast
listings, you SHOULD be able to encode enough information to replicate
the Open Catalogue using only your flat HTML files.</snip>
(Again unfortunately) the bbc.co.uk sites are built on a different
dataset to the infax stuff. This data is broader but less deep so stuff
like the contributors
(http://open.bbc.co.uk/catalogue/infax/contributor/7581) and subject
tags
(http://open.bbc.co.uk/catalogue/infax/tag/tardis_interplanetary_vehicle