[uf-discuss] [citation] citation root element

Michael McCracken michael.mccracken at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 23:26:18 PST 2007

On 1/13/07, Tim White <tjameswhite at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >In message
> ><d4fa3cf70701121311o39ffed4dq1524d70528564dda at mail.gmail.com>, Michael
> >McCracken <michael.mccracken at gmail.com> writes
> >
> >>are the people who are voting for "hCite"
> >>intending the capital C?
> >
> >Not me:
> >
> >                hCite = uF name
> >                hcite = root class name
> >

> I concur with Andy. I was refereeing to hCite as the name.
>
> Seems we are reaching consensus on hcite as the root.
>
> +1 hcite

I agree that this seems like a consensus on 'hcite' as the root class name.
I have updated the examples on citation-brainstorming to reflect this,
and added a note to the working straw schema.

There is a note about using <cite> as the recommended root element - I
don't feel strongly about this - does anyone else? I suppose a final
standard should have a note to suggest using <cite> when appropriate,
but I'm not concerned about it now.

> However, I still have my original question -- at one point there were "cite" and "citation" explorations going on. I believe the "cite" was related to blog posting (citing one post in another). Has this been renamed?

I, for one, don't know.

-mike

--
Michael McCracken