[uf-discuss] Expressing an event that only has an end date?

Costello, Roger L. costello at mitre.org
Sun Jan 21 07:01:49 PST 2007

Hi Folks,

Question #1:

Consider this education description in a resume:

Education

B.S. in mechanical engineering, focus in automotive engineering,
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, May 1998.

I want to use vevent to markup this information.  Notice that there is
only one date specified - May, 1998 - which is the ending date of his
education.

What do I use as the start date (i.e., the value of dtstart)?

Question #2

How do I markup a date such as "May, 1998"?  Notice that there is no
day specified.  Do I assume it to be May 1, 1998, and mark it up as

<abbr class="..." title="1998-05-01">May 1998</abbr>

Thanks!

/Roger