[uf-discuss] Making Microformats Searchable

Nir Yariv niryariv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 17:10:32 PST 2007

Hi,

Thank you for your comments!

Just to clarify what I meant - the key here is to have a solution that
works with existing search engines, as they are now. This does put the
burden on the publisher, but I think it might prove quicker to do it
this way than rely on search engine's will and competence to implement
microformat search on their side ;)

In any case, this will be optional - it's not part of any mf's spec,
just an option for publishers who want to get more visibility.

(And on the note of visibility, I accept Tantek's comment. The better
method might be to simply put it as as a small text somewhere in the
page - perhaps footer etc. An ALT for some "microformatted" icon might
be nice, but I understand SEs don't use ALTs much anymore)

Best,
Nir