[uf-discuss] An Inconvenient hCard

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Mar 22 03:27:05 PST 2007

In message <008801c76c3b$3f0941b0$bc08a8c0 at nzto22>, Paul Wilkins
<paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz> writes

>>>   <abbr class="type" title="fax">Téléc</abbr>.:

>> This thread is going in circles, On 12 March, I wrote, having suggested
>> the same possibility, that:
>>
>>        ...there are concerns that that's an abuse of "abbr".
>
>I think that abuse is too strong a term for what's happening here.
>
>There is historical evidence that in the case of microformats, such a
>thing is allowed.

1) Please cite "historical evidence" of *different-language* abbr
content and titles being used.

2) That an HTML element is being used in a particular way "in the case
of microformats" does not mean that it is not an abuse of what was
originally intended by the relevant HTML standard.

--
Andy Mabbett
                  <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>

                     Welcome to the world's longest week!