[uf-discuss] Microformats and Firefox 3

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Tue Sep 4 14:31:06 PDT 2007

Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> This is not particularly transient, but it addresses #2, methinks:
>
> http://glazkov.com/blog/margin-marks/

Mike, Alex - I think you should take a very serious look at Dimitri's
Margin Marks idea. Check out the screen mock-ups here:

http://flickr.com/photos/dglazkov/sets/72157601860335196/

Implementation would be a bit of a headache, but he has proposed a very
elegant solution on, IMHO, the right way to display semantic data items
on a web page. It is the best approach that I've seen so far, over all
of the UI concepts for Microformats in Firefox 3.

This is the same way that Eclipse shows the developer warnings, comments
and errors via the code editor. It would do well as a transient UI AND
wouldn't be intrusive on the browsing experience when the UI is active.
Exciting stuff...

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny