[uf-discuss] haudio contributor

Robert O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Tue Feb 5 10:39:51 PST 2008

Andy Mabbett wrote:
> In message <1202227070.9752.13.camel at weborganicscouk>, Martin McEvoy
> <info at weborganics.co.uk> writes

>>> That may be fine for someone who just wants to mark up some tracks
>>> they like
>>> on a personal blog ... but an artist or record store may want to be
>>> able to
>>> say who composed it, who performed it, who did studio production, who
>>> remixed it, who a guest instumentalist was, what label released it, and
>>> maybe even who distibutes it and want to be able to distinguish between
>>> them.
>>
>> Oh but you can...

> 1) that's not the model referred to in "Why doesn't the following work
> for you, then?", above.
>
> 2) Where is the evidence, in examples like that quoted at the top if
> this post, that people publish terms like "Artist" when referring to
> the key creator?

 From looking at a selection of ten online music shops and databases the
'key creator' is always implied by association. How about removing the
'contributor' class from the key creator's vcard? It would make sense to
me to group contributors separately to the creator. The vcard attached
to the hAudio would denote the original creator.

For cover tracks you'd have something like: