[uf-discuss] haudio contributor

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 11:54:51 PST 2008

Hello Robert

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 18:39 +0000, Robert O'Rourke wrote:
> For cover tracks you'd have something like:

Here is the best action I have seen using roles, It may be useful to the
discussion.

from http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-examples-in-wild-reviewed

http://www.iowamilitaryveteransband.com/members/

their roles are the instruments that they play

Roles are *NOT* defined in hAudio as such other than..

"The role attribute SHOULD be used to specify the contributor's
responsibility related to the audio recording if hCard is utilized"
http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio#Contributor

the context comes from hcard

"Information regarding the role of the object"
http://microformats.org/wiki/existing-classes

the "object" in most cases the person.

whats good is, its user defined, we may be able to give sensible hints
to what you put in there but really it's up to the publisher the choice
is yours eg: "groupie", or "stage hand" could be fun!.

"original artist", "band", "group", "quartet" are valid roles I would
say

so are

"vocalist", "bassist", "drummer", "producer", "artist" for individuals

If we had a "hPunchup" microformat you could have a role of "looser" ;)

I AM worried that we should be using "title" instead of "role" in some
cases...

Thanks

Martin McEvoy