[uf-discuss] Re: hCard: url and tel

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 10:00:46 PST 2008

On Mon, January 14, 2008 17:40, Jeremy Keith wrote:
> Andy wrote:

>> The more I consider that pattern, the more it seems that this is a
>> workable (indeed, best-possible) solution, if I say so myself.
>>
>> I invite people to highlight any shortcomings it may have.
>>

> The CLASS attribute can take multiple (space separated) values). If
> there were more than one value in the CLASS attribute, it would no longer
> be clear what the TITLE attribute is referring to:

That's no different to the current use of ABBR:

  <abbr class="type extended-address" title="home">Chez moi</abbr>

> <a class="fn myname url website" href="http://adactio.com/">Jeremy
> Keith</a>

So exempt URL:

  <a class="type extended-address url" href="foorbar.htm"
title="data:home">Chez moi</abbr>

  type = home

  extended-address = home

  url = foorbar.htm

Or specify that the title-data-pattern ONLY applies to "type", "geo",
"tel", and any other (future) attributes where data, for which the
machine-readable value is not human-readable (or is not in the same
language), must be encoded:

  <a class="type extended-address url" href="foorbar.htm"
title="data:home">Chez moi</abbr>

  type = home

  extended-address = Chez moi

  url = foorbar.htm

It doesn't matter which we adopt, so long as everyone consistently uses
the same rules.

--
Andy Mabbett
** via webmail **