[uf-discuss] Microformats to describe a broadcast

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Fri Jul 11 16:20:57 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Tom <tom.hamshere at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working for Channel4 on a new programme guide and am interested to
> know if there was any resolution made on the discussion the BBC took
> part in early last year...
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2007-January/008129.html
>
> Is anyone aware of any other programme guides which have employed the
> hCalendar microformat to date? I note that this doesn't seem to have
> been acheived in the current BBC listings.

May I point out that you could also think about using the BBC
Programmes Ontology to describe your programmes in RDF:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ontologies/programmes/2008-02-28.shtml

It'd be great if - once the hCalendar date-time issues are solved - an
HTML to Programmes Ontology mapping could be made that used hCard,
hCalendar and other microformats.

Yours,

--
Tom Morris