[uf-discuss] Re: hAtom question

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Mon Mar 10 08:23:19 PST 2008

Excellent point, though the discussion [1] is to get rid of that
algorithm since no one understands it, including me. However, as long
as the hCard is within the hfeed (which could be the whole page) and
marked "author" you'll be OK!

Regards, etc...

[1] discussion, not decision -- this will all be up for grabs soon if
you have an opinion!

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk> wrote:
> Michael Smethurst wrote:
>
>  > I'd like to add hAtom to all our episode aggregations [4] on
>  > bbc.co.uk/programmes and authorship and dating are tricky
>
>  Regarding authorship, if you include:

>  Anywhere on the page (yes -- one little mention in the footer ought to be
>  enough), then that should do the trick. From the hAtom 0.1 spec:
>
>         | Entry Author
>         | [...]
>         | if the Entry Author is missing
>         |   * find the Nearest In Parent <address> element(s) with
>         |     class name author and that is/are a valid hCard
>
>  Would that solve your problem?
>
>  --
>  Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
>  [Geek of HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python/Apache/Linux]
>  [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 40 days, 21:39.]
>
>                               The Semantic Web
>                 http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/03/09/sw/

David Janes
Founder, BlogMatrix