[uf-discuss] Re: Unjust banning of Andy Mabbett

Drew McLellan lists at allinthehead.com
Tue Mar 11 06:54:47 PST 2008

On 11 Mar 2008, at 13:10, Christopher St John wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Drew McLellan
> <lists at allinthehead.com> wrote:
>> On 11 Mar 2008, at 05:24, Christopher St John wrote:
>>
>>> Manu is currently one of the most active and productive contributors
>>> (much more active recently than any of the admins) and the lead
>>> editor on a complex and important microformat, yet his points have
>>> gone completely unanswered. Isn't it a little over the top to ignore
>>> what Manu has to say?
>>
>> Unanswered, yes. Ignored, no.
>>

> Sarcastic answers may be appropriate for individuals (or not) but
> they certainly are not appropriate for people acting in an official
> capacity on the list.

No sarcasm intended, just a statement of fact. Perhaps a little terse,
so apologies if it sounded bad. I was simply saying that although
Manu's message is presently unanswered, that doesn't mean it will not
be answered or that it is being ignored.

Also not in an official capacity, just as me. 'Official' stuff is
clearly flagged.

> The admins have stated that it's a lot of work to administer a
> large, active and growing community. I think those of us that
> have helped out with similar things are not surprised, but fair
> enough: it _is_ a lot of work, and as the community grows it
> will just be more work. The most helpful and well-meaning people
> in the world will still have conflicts that need resolving, and
> misunderstandings that need working out.

The simple fact is that the microformats community is *not* a lot of
work, save for the disruption Andy has caused. That we even seen to
spend effort having this conversation rather than working on
microformats is further evidence of that disruption.

drew.