[uf-discuss] Re: Unjust banning of Andy Mabbett

Jesse Rodgers jrrodgers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:31:45 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Christopher St John <ckstjohn at gmail.com> wrote:
>  So how about those among the current admins who are sick
>  of it step down and we have some elections? To be followed by
>  an open, documented, public discussion of how the community
>  wishes to be governed?

I believe that establishing governance of the Microformats community
would require that the Micformats community actually has some
centralized authority that has control over the use of Microformats. I
don't see why that is warranted... The Microformats themselves aren't
standards, they are patterns and I would consider them best practices
at the moment. The site could be deleted tomorrow and the web wouldn't
stop nor would the movement.

I agree some transparency would be nice. Emails, IRC, wiki edits, and
all other things that led to Andy's expulsion would be helpful to
understand what happened but to be honest, I don't care. What I do
care about is how people (and only a few) jump on the folks that try
to keep things focused.

Jesse