[uf-discuss] RE: Request for help from screen reader users

Belov, Charles Charles.Belov at sfmta.com
Tue May 27 11:10:25 PDT 2008

Hope this helps,
Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster

------------------------------

>Message: 3
>Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:49:17 +0100
>From: Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>
>Subject: [uf-discuss] RE: microformats-discuss Digest, Vol 36, Issue 9
>To: microformats-discuss at microformats.org

>Charles Belov wrote:
>> title="2008-05-12T17:30:00-0700" style="display:none"></abbr></span>

>Similar to my current compromise:

>   May 12, 2008, 5:30pm
>   <abbr class="value" title="2008-05-12T17:30:00-0700"
>   style="display:none"></abbr>

>Which seems to work in many current parsers.

The most important common part is our use of style="display:none"

I respectfully suggest my parser, which places the class and the title
attributes in the same tag, provides a simpler parse and does not
require a change to current parsers.  ("humandtstart" is only for the
convenience of webmasters who want to style the human-readable date, and
can be ignored by parsers.)  There is no need for the parse to relate
the human-readable date with the machine-readable date if any given
audience is going to ignore one or the other.

I do credit your work on this tag as an inspiration for my derivation.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail at tobyinkster.co.uk>