[uf-discuss] Author in hAtom

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Thu Feb 26 14:59:59 PST 2009

I have a question about the "author" property in hAtom...

The spec says that "author" is modelled on the Atom AUTHOR element ( http://atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/#requiredFeedElements
  ) and must be encoded as an hCard.

Now, here's an example of a perfectly valid hCard:

span>.</p>

So my question is: is this valid for hAtom?:

Keith</span>.</p>

The reason I ask is that all of the hAtom examples ( http://microformats.org/wiki/hatom-examples
  ) show the "author" property *only* containing the n/fn property of
an hCard, e.g.:

So, is the spec correct and it's just that I'm being slightly misled
by the examples?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

--