[uf-discuss] schema.org, microformats.org, hRecipe

Derrick Pallas derrick at pallas.us
Wed Jun 29 07:33:52 PDT 2011

Notice that they have an itemscope in HTML5, something many people
talked about on microformats.org for years. A few years ago it was
brought up on a regular basis by newcomers, about twice a year; said
newcomers were then driven out of the community. So there was
discussion, just not very nice nor very productive. When I worked for
Alexa, I had actual parsing uses-cases for such a feature as well as
publishing use-cases and I was one of those newcomers, not the first and
not the last. Not everyone tried to follow the process but I did, to the
same end. After everything, the elitism of uf.org turned me off to the
whole effort. That's not to say uf.org isn't full of nice, intelligent
people — it is — just that I decided not to waste my time trying to be
in the cabal. And this email is not intended to beat a dead horse, just
to share my own experiences. ~D