[uf-discuss] schema.org, microformats.org, hRecipe

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Wed Jun 29 08:05:39 PDT 2011

Somebody claiming to be Derrick Pallas wrote:
>Notice that they have an itemscope in HTML5, something many people
>talked about on microformats.org for years. A few years ago it was
>brought up on a regular basis by newcomers, about twice a year; said
>newcomers were then driven out of the community.

You still seem to be here :)

I remember the itemscope thing coming up.  Consensus seemed to be that is
solved by root class names, but that was so long ago I forget.  I assume
that people created wiki pages documenting this?  If not, why not?
Microformats.org is a wiki first, and the mailing lists and IRC just
facilitate the wiki.  IMHO, if it's not documented on the wiki, then it's
just a discussion.

Anyway :)

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma