[uf-new] title vs. summary (was: Third attempt at hAudio)

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 09:00:38 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 08:40 -0600, Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
> >> So, let's drop audio grouping (halbum) for now.
> >
> > Good call
> >
> > something we can all agree on?
>
> Apparently not:
>
> On Jun 7, 2007, at 10:55 PM, Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
> > you have titles of albums and titles of tracks,
> > they both don't mean the same thing although they use the same words.
>
> Hypothetical future album markup should not influence the markup of
> specific recordings in haudio.  It's a separate topic, and one which
> I thought we'd all agreed to postpone for now.  So why are we talking
> about albums again?

I am not it's the rest of you that keep on going round in circles.

You know guys we DID have a discussion about the use of "title" in
haudio I brought it up when I was trying to conceptualize what haudio
would be...

http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-May/000385.html

... now for some reason my concept was shouted down particularly by Manu
and You (Scott), so I didn't push it because I thought my logic was
wrong, I have spent the last two months trying to think of alternatives
to my concept and try and fit it into how *YOU* all see haudio. now it
turns out that you are all suggesting that I may have been on the right
track in the first place?.

So my questions are Why are we discussing this again? why do I not even
merit a decent reply to points that I make? other than I am wrong all
the time? Is it because I am not a savy microformateer so my points are
irrelevant because you think I am guessing things?  I have spent the
last year and a half trying to address the issue of media-info I first
read about it here:

http://www.mixedcontent.com/technology/2005/09/micro-formats-and-audio-peanut-butter-and-chocolate/

I am already podcasting using hAtom without any use of hAudio
http://feeds.feedburner.com/WeborganicsPodcast
and
http://grabb.it/grabs/d62c8c1cd3ab

The grab it guys were so impressed on how easy it is to grab audio from
my page that in their words "in principle interested in reading
hAtom." because "we'd like to read the whole web perfectly someday" It
is likley that they will use hAudio too.

what are you trying to say I was wrong then and you are right now why is
that?

Are we re-inventing the wheel here or trying to hit it with a hammer?,
are you suggesting that I was right? (heaven forbid)

If it wasn't for people like me thinking ahead then how many new
microformats do you think there would be and how many mistakes do you
think you will make.

my vote still stays with "summary" because its an easier path to chose
than trying to re-define "title" to suit your needs.

-martin-