[uf-new] hAudio for Operator updated

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Nov 5 19:28:19 PST 2007

The hAudio plug-in for Operator has been updated to match the current
hAudio specification:

http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio

An updated version of Operator and the hAudio plug-in can be downloaded
from the Digital Bazaar wiki:

http://wiki.digitalbazaar.com/en/Firefox_Operator_Extensions

Once installed, you can see Operator+hAudio in action here (and any of
the over 88,500+ albums on Bitmunk):

http://www.bitmunk.com/view/media/2217341

There are a couple of known bugs with this version of hAudio that will
require several feature additions to Operator (in the very least, I'll
have to chat with Mike Kaply about some of the hAudio implementation
issues):

1. Opaque properties. Operator will need to have support for opaque
properties in order to fully support hAudio. We need opaque properties
for the ITEM property.

2. Implicit typing on properties. Operator currently does not have, at
least to my knowledge, a way of stating that an ITEM is of type HAUDIO
without specifying both ITEM and HAUDIO together. In other words,
Operator will not find the two songs listed below if the data is marked
up like so:

Instead, you have to mark the above up like this:

The only change is from "item" to "item haudio" for the song. This "bug"
will eventually get fixed once we chat a bit with Mike Kaply.

3. No optimizations have been implemented yet.

If you use the software and find any further bugs, please report them on
the wiki or send me an e-mail:

http://wiki.digitalbazaar.com/en/Firefox_Operator_Extensions#Known_Bugs