[uf-new] OpenShapes - a tentative proposal for a Microformat for diagrams

Alan Slater alan at high-beyond.com
Sun Nov 11 15:25:10 PST 2007

Hi there,
> Have you taken a look at GraphViz and its toolset? That and SVG seem
> the best fit for this sort of thing, with dot syntax being much more
> human-readable, and therefore perhaps viable as a basis for extension
> into xhtml markup.

That does look interesting. However, I wouldn't expect much of the
markup for diagrams (whether this is in an XHTML-based microformat or
not) to be hand generated - I'm currently interested in in-browser
editors as the main mechanism for graphical content being created and
edited. Perhaps with import of existing diagrams being the next (e.g.
from Visio).

Cheers

Alan