[uf-new] Re: I propose a new microformat for poems.

Edward O'Connor hober0 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 10:35:04 PDT 2007

> I've been wanting to get rid of the break elements from poetry.

We've shied away from a "source code" microformat, becuase the existing
HTML compound of <pre><code> works. Isn't the poetry case analagous?
(Except that we have no inline element to compound with the <pre>.)

<pre class="poem">
When Aubrey did live there lived no poor,
The lord and the beggar on roots did dine
With lily, germander, and sops in wine,
  With sweet-brier,
    And bon-fire,
    And strawberry-wire,
      And columbine.
</pre>

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0 at gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.