[uf-new] hAudio Issue D1: 2008-01-10 Contributor. Resolution

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 12:22:55 PDT 2008

I have Replied to Andys concerns prior to the posting of this email, I
will fill in the gaps

Manu Sporny wrote:
> I am forwarding a message that Andy Mabbett sent to a couple of us
> involved with hAudio development because it is a valid opposition to the
> proposed resolution to hAudio issue D1.

> In message <48A98DB7.9030505 at weborganics.co.uk>, Martin McEvoy
> <martin at weborganics.co.uk> writes
>
>>   * The contributor's name SHOULD also be marked up as a valid hCard
>>     Microformat. <http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard>
>>

> For the record; I do not regard the above as resolving (nor even
> addressing) the issue highlighted in the e-mail cited in the issue-log.

Andy Please STOP being Vague please say what you mean What exactly then
IS your Issue
>>  * If multiple contributors are specified, without |role|
>>     specifications, it /MAY/ be assumed that the first role mentioned
>>     is the primary artist or creator.
>>

> This does not work for collaborations:
>
>         Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel
>
>         Robert Plant & Alison Krause
>
> and does not work in prose or tables like:
>
>         Simon Rattle / Beethoven's Fifth

I know it doesn't but would you mark up Multiple Contributors like this

[....]
class="contributor">Art Garfunkel</span>
[....]

.... I dont think most savy microformat publishers would either.

>> This applies to plain-text
>>     contributor markup as well.
>>

> Really? How will parsers handle:
>
>         Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel
>
>         Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel
>
>         Paul Simon
>         Art Garfunkel
>
>         Paul Simon/ Art Garfunkel
>
>         Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel
>
>         Paul Simon und Art Garfunkel
>
>         Paul Simon et Art Garfunkel
>
> and every other language (and character-set) variant; and how will they
> differentiate between:
>
>         Paul Simon-Art Garfunkel
>
> and:
>
>         John-Paul Jones

It says Earlier in the proposed change

The contributor's name SHOULD also be marked up as a valid hCard

I think this is enough to suggest the propper format or hAudio Contributor

> [Other interested parties CCd]

Why Didn't you CC Tantek and the rest of the microformats Community,
What are you trying to achieve Andy?

Thanks

Martin McEvoy