[uf-new] Re: hAudio FN or Title

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 05:07:11 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 18:39 +0000, Martin McEvoy wrote:
> Hello All
>
> This is in Response to Manu's suggestion that maybe we should talk about
> changing hAudio "FN" to "Title"
>
> <snip>
> I've never been happy with the choice of FN instead of TITLE in hAudio
> (TITLE means "job title" in Microformats). This could offer a good
> compromise if people are interested?
> </snip>
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2008-January/011446.html
>
> Manu I for Once Agree with you ;) and I'm not too happy with it either.
> Feedback I have had about haudio seem to all have the same answer audio
> has a title too lets call it that.
>
> I am unsure If we should re-use "title" directly from hcard "Job title"
> and "audio title" are both functions I guess? maybe someone can have
> more input on this.
>
> If the above Is impossible maybe an answer may be a talk about maybe a
> htitle Microformat or something.
>
> Anyway anyone who is Interested lets get the ball rolling.
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin McEvoy

Here Is a Proposal

Most popular media syndication formats use *title* to describe the name
of a playlist or track eg:

RSS2 - title
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/rss/rss.html#hrelementsOfLtitemgt

Atom - title
http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/#requiredEntryElements

M3U PLS - Title
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=65772

XSPF - Title
http://www.xspf.org/xspf-v1.html#rfc.section.4.1.1.2.1

iTunes Podcast - title
http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/podcaststechspecs.html

Vorbis Comments - title
http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html

ASX - Title
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/samples/internet/imedia/netshow/simpleasx/default.asp

media-rss - media:title
http://search.yahoo.com/mrss

It is desirable that we use "Title" altough We can not use "title"
directly because of the conflicts it causes with hcard "title", I also
think it may be difficult to re-define "title" across all microformats

Proposed solution use a class prefix, I am proposing that we use
*audio-title* the main reason is because the title we are trying to
describe is an audio title.

an example of how this may look
taken from
http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio#Multi-part_Podcast_Example

   <abbr class="published" title="20071029">29 Oct 07</abbr>
delete data from your machine?</span>
Africa</span>
   ,
internet</span>
   and
   to the programme.
   <a rel="enclosure"
href="/download/episode/DigitalPlanet-2007-10-29">Download MP3</a>

Thanks

Comments, Thoughts other solutions welcome

Martin McEvoy