[uf-new] New proposed microformat: hProject

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 10:07:48 PST 2008

On 12/01/2008, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> > I propose a new format called hProject. It's intent is to provide a
> > simple structure that describes project.
>
> I suggest you take a look at DOAP, as the hProject concept already
> exists in the RDF world:
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-osproj.html

also http://usefulinc.com/doap/

I've been (kind-of) working on a general-purpose RDF vocabulary for
projects (i.e. not just software) for a while now:

http://purl.org/stuff/project/

I'm hoping to get around to (kind-of) finishing it sometime soon, as
I'm using parts of it on a daily basis:
http://dannyayers.com/2007/11/02/more-dogfood

The idea of a project microformat has been raised before (and I
presumably posted similar links :-) - At the time I think it was
Tantek pointed to the TODO construct in iCalendar. I'm not sure if
this ever made it into hCalendar, but the thing is pretty much ready
to use. (I'd map it to instances of prj:Task). As Klaus suggested, the
date constructs from hCalendar would also be useful, along with people
from hCard.

Cheers,
Danny.

--