[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sun Nov 16 11:54:25 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:

> I already did that, what do you think, that I came out with a proposal from
> "thin air",  Maybe YOU should try doing the same before you assert your
> proposals, But first understand the questions

Where is:

- examples how comments currently "in-the-wild" indicate their parentage?
- examples of the impact proposed changes modify existing markup?

Here's the "comment problem" [1] as stated on the Wiki:

| Shortform: How do you track blog comments you've made?
|
| Longform: How do track the comments you have made on blogs, comments
made on blogs your interested in and comments other people have made
on your own blog?

| How can you do this in a way that can be programically represented,
ingested into some kind of datastore, searched or aggregated?

In case you're missing where the "feed" is, here's the definition of
feed [2] - it's a bucket for containing entries, further discussed
here [3]. Given that _every single example_ has that bucket, I'm not
sure why you think it's critical to ignore it, even given the problem
statement.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/comment-problem
[2] http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/atom-format-spec.php#rfc.section.4.1.1
[3] http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/#requiredFeedElements