[uf-rest] Microformats for <form> ?

Dimitri Glazkov dimitri.glazkov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:20:46 PST 2006

On 3/21/06, sixtus at gmail.com <sixtus at gmail.com> wrote:

> > markup forms. Rough example:
> >
> > <form class="vcard">
> >     <fieldset class="n">
> >       <input class="given-name" />
> >       <input clas"family-name" />
> >      </fieldset>
> > </form>
> >
> > Something like that.
>

> Yes, something like that. To be precise, exactly this is what I had in mind.
> I just didn't know <fieldset> Thanks for that.

So, this is a way to define protocol using semantic markup. Classes on
inputs (and surrounding fieldsets, divs, etc.) indicate _what_ is
being submitted and names on inputs define how.

> In that context, "lo-rest" is service-oriented, "high-rest" is
> resource-oriented. Yes?

Nooo! There is no such thing as "lo-rest"! Look at the abbreviation --
there's an "R" in front for a good reason. Don Box (and whoever else
came up with this new version of crack-cocaine) is simply trying to to
get back to basics, to responsible use of HTTP. It's not REST. It's
just (moderately) good HTTP. However, he seems to have an acute
NIH-itus, so he invents a new term for it. Just like AJAX. Sigh... And
it's going to catch on, isn't it?

:DG<