Jump to navigation Jump to search
I see you're involved in Wikitravel - please advocate there for the use of hCard and Geo microformats. Thank you.
Andy Mabbett 07:08, 25 Nov 2006 (PST)
- Hi Andy! Thanks for the welcome. There's hardly any need however for my advocating hCard at Wikitravel since it was Evan Prodromou's use of hCard on Wikitravel which convinced me to go with hCalendar on Wikevent.
- Evan's built a MediaWiki plugin for listings which renders restaurant, bar, club, etc. listings as hcards. We're about to start rolling it out far and wide, though of course this is going to take a while.
- Meanwhile you might want to check out Evan's essay on what he sees as an emerging conflict between microformats and RDFa.
- I don't know what the plans are for Geo data on Wikitravel right now. I've been a little busy with other stuff. That said I know that we've mostly used RDF to date, but I imagine that the MediaWiki Listing plugin will use Geo microformats. -- MarkJaroski 07:24, 25 Nov 2006 (PST)
- Thanks (and for your note on my talk page - I prefer to keep conversation on one page, too, BTW). I've updated the advocacy page. I've just mentioned Geo that on a couple of talk pages on Wikitravel (user: pigsonthewing). Andy Mabbett 07:34, 25 Nov 2006 (PST)
- Cool. BTW.. what was going on with your user page? I couldn't really follow the edit war. -- MarkJaroski 07:38, 25 Nov 2006 (PST)
- Someone seemed to think he knew what I wanted to say better than I did. Since he was an admin, and I'm not, he had the upper hand. Andy Mabbett 07:49, 25 Nov 2006 (PST)