genealogy-examplesJump to navigation Jump to search
In the wild
- There are 3500 genealogy pages emitting Bday, and dstart/ dtends for birth, death and possibly other dates at genealogy.wikia.com. Representation of larger numbers of events (occupation, residence, military service events) is hampered by the requirement of using <a> links for rel-tags. Wikimedia engine based knowledgebases at wikia and Wikipedia foundation wikis prohibit use of <a> links, so none of the rel-tag representation of the edges (where pages are nodes, and edges are typed links) can be expressed.
- e-familytree.net  - my genealogy website which I think I've embedded hcards in. This is my grandfathers family page. If you look at him, the hcard includes birthdate and some x-fields for death, marriage dates and locations. I'd appreciate comments! Rob Salzman - email@example.com
- The Dring tree  for an interesting family tree website.
- Family tree of Abraham Lincoln.
- Winston Churchill in Wikipedia. Note unstructured genealogy in 'early life' section.
- Kennedy family (built by Arbor Vita).
- Page per couple.
- Helen Elizabeth Kerr
- West Midland Bird Club - Norris
For additional examples of related information, see gender examples.
Not from the wild
Pages specifically designed to be demonstrations of how to mark up genealogies in HTML.
- A Partial Family Tree for Queen Victoria — demonstration page illustrating how genealogies can be marked up using hCard, hCalendar and XFN+RDFa.
- Genealogy - overview of genealogy microformat effort
- Genealogy Examples - research and documentation of existing real world genealogy publishing examples on the web
- Genealogy Formats - research and documentation of previous genealogy related formats
- Genealogy Brainstorming - brainstorm proposals for a genealogy microformat