hCard creator issues
Please list your name, and indicate which version (even just a date and time helps) of the creator that you are providing feedback on. Thanks!
- hcard creator fails to create a company card (no associated to a person). If just organization is entered the result is a not valid hcard. Reported by Julio Loayza, 6 Oct 2007.
- AIM screenname & YIM screenname overlap each other in Safari ver. 2.0.4 (419.3) (on the last WebKit it looks Ok, but still gap between these two labels is too small) reported by Dmitry Baranovskiy at 2006-07-20
- Build-it button is reseting the form in some version of safari
- reported by John Plumridge in email to User:RyanKing
- needs clarification, which guidelines, how not followed?
Suggested Tweaks and Fixes
- There should only be a Jabber ID for instant messaging field, since Jabber/XMPP is the only open standard (IETF). It has an official URI. There should be no Yahoo! Messenger nor AIM screen name field, or at least, also QQ, ICQ, MSN/Windows Live Messenger, Skype, Gadu-Gadu and the so many other closed and proprietary protocols and formats for instant messaging.
- The reality is that there are people publishing their AIM and other such proprietary IM protocol based IDs on the Web, and thus it makes sense to make it easy to markup that existing content publishing behavior. Tantek
This section should probably be moved to a separate hCard creator issues (or *-suggestions, or *-brainstorming) page.
- Multiple phone fields, like Mobile,Home,Office and so forth.
- Nearest transport links
- Disabled access details
- opening times
- facilities e.g. toilet, swimming pool
- none of these are represented in hCard AFAIK, thus it doesn't make sense to add them to the hCard creator. If on the otherhand, if URLs demonstrating how each of these can be marked up with hCard were provided, then that might be sufficient to reconsider.