Implied hCard Brainstorming
The rule could be similar to:
If a an element with class=vcard does not have any hCard class names, imply the entire content as an fn field, and attempt to apply the implied "n" optimization.
Optionally, if the root element has @href, imply a class="url".
<a class="vcard" href="http://ryancannon.com/">Ryan Cannon</a>
BEGIN:VCARD N:Cannon;Ryan;;; FN:Ryan Cannon URL:http\://ryancannon.com/ END:VCARD
All this is possible because it requires an hCard without hCard markup inside.
This is fairly powerful for a few reasons:
- It does not require in-depth knowledge of hCard or vCard
- Extraordinarily simple markup
- Provides a smaller barrier-to-entry for microformats that require hCard
Additionally, the @href could map to different properties based on protocol:
- [href^='http'] would map to
- [href^='mailto'] would map to
- [href^='data'] would map to