This page is for organizing the effort to develop a recommendation for how to use hCard 1.0 markup on web forms that input contact information (people or organizations/venues) to enable hCard forms auto-fill and hCard 1.0 copy + paste.
There's an urgent (2012-07-23) opportunity to get some native-to-HTML support for hCard input like functionality (Ian Hickson is taking a look at specifying it) and thus we should update our research (most of was last done in 2011) to assist with that design. Feel free to take/sign-up/do any of these items asynchronously *on the wiki directly*.
- more examples
- easy: extract some from Chrome autocomplete examples
- documentation of implicit schema of each example
- check existing examples are current
- more examples
- are there any other previous format efforts for doing contact autocomplete / hCard input?
- any other previous implementations?
- update brainstorms for hCard input, based on the likely possibility that we can get native-to-HTML support for this feature instead of only using class names, e.g. using the autocomplete attribute itself.
- document bad ideas as well as good. it's worth documenting ideas that we've explored and concluded are bad to help others avoid reanalysis or making unintended errors.
- iterate on WHATWG Autocomplete proposal
- using the research above, provide updates to:
- for all changes and removals, please document in an appendix on that page describing both removals, and what was change from/to and why (problems with original etc.)
- send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, replying to http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2012-July/036671.html
- Ian Hickson, editor of HTML, has requested that any feedback be sent as email to email@example.com - thus please send feedback notifying/summarizes any updated proposals (here on this wiki or the WHATWG wiki) to the WHATWG list.